Skip to main content

Eligibility to register for local elections

Local elections, include municipal, district social services administration board (DSSAB) and school board elections in Ontario.

If you or your spouse own or rent property other than your home address in Ontario, you may be eligible to vote in more than one local election.  

In this section, you can find eligibility requirements to register for:

Search the Register to confirm, update, add or remove your information to the Register, including adding or removing a property. You will need to provide ID and/or property documentation

Alternatively, you can complete a paper application form.

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is legislatively required to collect school support information. You can update your school support designation through MPAC. 

Learn more about voting in a local election in Ontario.