Skip to main content

Remove voter information from the register(s)

Search the Register to remove your voter information if you:

  • are no longer a resident of Ontario and do not intend to return to the province; or
  • want to have your information removed from the registers; or
  • are not a Canadian citizen; or
  • are not yet 18 years of age.

To remove your voter information, you will need to provide one piece of ID showing both your name and home address.

Alternatively, you can complete a paper application form.

ID includes most documents issued by the Government of Canada, the Government of Ontario or a municipality in Ontario.

Eligible electors who remove their information from the registers can still vote but they will:

  • not receive a voter information card when a provincial election is called in their electoral district; and
  • need to register directly with their local election administration when a local election is called in their area. 

Examples of accepted ID to update, add or remove your information from the register(s)


  • Ontario driver’s licence
  • Ontario photo card
  • Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS)
  • Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E
  • Income tax notice of assessment
  • Ontario motor vehicle permit (plate or vehicle portion)
  • Property assessment notice from Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC)
  • Child tax benefit statement
  • Social Insurance Number confirmation letter
  • Any other document showing both your name and home address issued by:
    • the Government of Canada
    • the Government of Ontario

Educational or Financial

  • School admission letter
  • School transcript or report card
  • School tuition/fees statement
  • Bank account or credit card statement
  • Residential mortgage, lease or rental statement
  • Cancelled personalized cheque
  • Cheque stub, pay receipt or T4 issued by a person’s employer
  • Insurance statement
  • Signed loan or financial agreement with a financial institution
  • Document showing campus residence issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution


  • Utility bill (hydro, water, gas, telephone, cable TV, public utilities commission)
  • Hospital records showing a person’s name and home address
  • CNIB card or card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities
  • Letter of Confirmation of Residence
  • Property tax assessment or bill from a municipality in Ontario
  • Any other document showing both your name and home address issued by:
    • a municipality
    • a government agency
    • or certified by a court in Ontario
    • a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada)