Skip to main content

Voting in local elections

Local elections include municipal, district social services administration board (DSSAB) and school board elections in Ontario. Local elections are not administered by Elections Ontario. They continue to be the responsibility of municipal clerks, DSSABs and some school boards.

If you or your own or rent property other than your home address in Ontario, you may be eligible to vote in more than one local election

When a local election is called, contact your municipality, DSSAB or school board for information about when, where and how to vote. 

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is legislatively required to collect school support information. You can update your school support designation through MPAC.

Search the Register to confirm, update, add or remove your information from the Register, including adding or removing a property. You will need to provide ID and/or property documentation